Author Topic: Drawing of the Clicking System Plate ...  (Read 1817 times)

Offline [DE] Heinz Wildgrube

• CNC-Network Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • BBS TGHS Bad Kreuznach (Germany)
    • http://www.cnc-network.eu
Drawing of the Clicking System Plate ...
« on: November 21, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
Hello Clicking System Group,

Please feel free to have a look to the attached detail of the clicking system plate.
Does anyone have an idea what this inner line (I've marked it in red color) means?
Any hint would be helpful ...
*** solved ***

BTW1:
Also the dimensioning of the radiuses seems to be a little confusing in that corner  :-\

BTW2:
I think also that nobody knows how deep the centering (O 5) for the clicking function should be  :-\
How should the centering look in detail? Has it a usual point angel of 118 degree?

Think about and let's discuss ...

Many greetings
--
Heinz Wildgrube
CNC Network Coordinator
BBS TGHS Bad Kreuznach
Germany

News at:
http://www.cnc-network.eu
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:01:32 AM by [DE] Heinz Wildgrube »

Offline [FR] Nicolas Prime

Re: Drawing of the Clicking System Plate ...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
In my opinion:

The reason why there is a (red) line on the drawing  is that the thickness of the metal part is 3 mm and the chamfer dimension are 2 mm at 45°...
It's clearer on the 3D model than on the PDF !

Concerning the centering (diameter 5mm). What I understand is that it's only a "conic shape" to receive the clicking ball... I was wrong !! (see Terence's post below)

But again I'm maybe wrong...
Could we have a confirmation or invalidation from the designer ?
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:46:43 AM by [FR] Nicolas Prime »

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 09:12:28 PM »
Hello Nicolas,
Hello Clicking System Group,

That's what I've also thought about the centering (O 5), but I'm not sure.

Thanks Nicolas, I had a look to the 3D-Modell and understand the red line now.
It seems that I've missed the forest through the trees :-[

It's time for holidays ...

Many greetings
--
Heinz Wildgrube
CNC Network Coordinator
BBS TGHS Bad Kreuznach
Germany

News at:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:05:22 AM by [DE] Heinz Wildgrube »

Offline [NL] Terence van Acquoij

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:17:12 PM »
In my opinion:

The reason why there is a (red) line on the drawing  is that the thickness of the metal part is 3 mm and the chamfer dimension are 2 mm at 45°...
It's clearer on the 3D model than on the PDF !

Concerning the centering (diameter 5mm). What I understand is that it's only a "conic shape" to receive the clicking ball...

But again I'm maybe wrong...
Could we have a confirmation or invalidation from the designer ?
Thanks in advance.

Hello Train familie,

Your talking about the red line and i looked at our drawings. the thickness of the metal part is 3 mm and the chamfer dimension are 2 mm at 45° thats correct.

About the centering; see the attachment. i think that a center of 1,5 mm would be nice if you see the attachment the ball is 4mm and the H is 2mm

so we need a center of d2 3,5mm and a H of 1,5mm (see the attachment!)

Thnx and if there are any questions please ask me!

[NL] Terence van Acquoij
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:12:45 PM by [NL] Terence van Acquoij »

Offline [FR] Nicolas Prime

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »
Ok I begin to understand the shape but could you make a new PDF file AND a new STEP file to explain things in details ?
Thank you.

to Heinz: I also spent a lot of time trying to understand that shape before having the correct STEP file  ;) !!

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 01:59:20 AM »
Hello Terence,

thanks for your posting.

Like Nicolas I also would like to see the details of the centering in a new drawing to provide mistakes. It seems that the "old" diameter of 5 is not longer your favorite, isn't it? In case it isn't, what should we tell all the partner schools who have already produced this part?

And:
As far as I can see there are two versions of "linking pins" - one has a ball inside ("ball plunger") and the other is with a rounded pin ("pin plunger").
Marc wanted us to use a "ball plunger" in http://www.cnc-network.eu/forum/index.php?topic=433.0 (see datasheet below) - and you ask us now in your posting to use a "pin plunger". The dimensions of the "ball plunger" are D=5 and H=1.5 as you can see in Marc's datasheet he posted some weeks ago. The dimensions of the "pin plunger" are D=4 and H=2 as you mentioned above. So, which one is the one we should use? I think it makes a different and it should be the "ball plunger", because we've already bought them. In case we use this "ball plunger" as "linking pin" could you please think about the dimensions of the centering again?

Sorry for discussing all these points, but I think it's necessary to decide for the same parts and to know all the details for our producing process.

And again:
What about a total assembly drawing and also a total part list of all pieces we need for the undercarriage incl. clicking plate?
This would be a professional work preparation like in industry and would help us to provide any kind of mistakes!

Many greetings
--
Heinz Wildgrube
CNC Network Coordinator
BBS TGHS Bad Kreuznach
Germany

News at:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:40:56 AM by [DE] Heinz Wildgrube »

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »
Dear Heinz,

We talked about the pins and we would bring the pins for everybody. so you shouldn´t have bought those pins anyway. We got other pins than we ordered at our school but we use this pins because it won´t make any difference in the drawings. Yhe only thing you need to do is be more carefull with the assambly.

we use the pins that I put on the form. so check the file i posted, the diameters of the pins are the same.

yours,
[NL]Terence van acquoij

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 12:18:51 PM »
Hello Terence,

The problem is that we can find in the current drawings a diameter of 5 mm without any depth or a angel dimension for the centering. But in the mail above you told us now a diameter of 3.5 mm and a depth of 1.5 mm. BTW: Do we find a tool with that angel? I calculate 99 degree ...

As a fact:
I think it's not enough to post the changings concerning the centering in the forum - you also need to change the drawing(s).

Furthermore:
In my opinion it is very important to know the specification of all parts, because we should create a total part list of all parts we need for the undercarriage. This is a usual procedure which is also standard in industrial production.

Please think about:
The "European Airbus Principle" will not work in case you don't define the specification of all parts - and this means also the dimensions of every little screw and "linking pins"!

As you may know every school in Europe (also the onces who are not involved in this project) should be able to copy our project and therefor they need the exact specification.

So again, please think about the specification.

Thanks a lot!

Many greetings
--
Heinz Wildgrube
CNC Network Coordinator
BBS TGHS Bad Kreuznach
Germany

News at:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 02:07:23 PM by [DE] Heinz Wildgrube »

Offline [NL] Kevin Vogels

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 09:19:37 AM »
dear heinz,

We didn't get what the problem was last time but now we understand. I think we read the post wrong or something.
we'll post the spesifications.

yours,

Kevin Vogels, Terence van Acquoi and Marc van Erp [NL]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:32:44 AM by [NL] Kevin Vogels »

Offline [HR] Gordana Eric

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 10:51:09 PM »
Dear students from Belgium and Netherland,

Could you please put some drawings or explanation where we should make a hole for the wire (antenna). I understand that we can make it wherever we want, but in the one half of clicking plate. But I didn't understand what you explained to Heinz about horizontal hole  :-\

Thank you

Goga
Goga

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 12:58:36 PM »
Dear students from Belgium and Netherland,

Could you please put some drawings or explanation where we should make a hole for the wire (antenna). I understand that we can make it wherever we want, but in the one half of clicking plate. But I didn't understand what you explained to Heinz about horizontal hole  :-\

Thank you

Goga

Hello Gordana,

Sorry but we cant draw it now:( we have a week holiday now.
next monday we will adjust the drawings and answer your questions.

Greetz,

The NL-Team