Author Topic: Motor Calculation  (Read 1433 times)

Offline [FR] Nicolas Prime

Motor Calculation
« on: March 25, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »
Attached to this post you can find our calculations... There are two files: .ppt and .xls
The .ppt explains the calcultation method for one example and .xls allows each interested partners to test its solution.
I hope this is not (too) wrong and that it will be useful to choose a motor and a locomotive structure.
Please send me your feedback and opinion about it.
I choose to use only a 2 wheel drive locomotive. In fact the calculation are easier and the results are nearly the same specially if the two axis are very close one to the other...

Switch to english version (see the tab in the bottom of the file) of the .XLS file to avoid french...

Warning: file version have changed, see next post for the latest !!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:37:51 PM by [FR] Nicolas Prime »

Re: Motor Calculation
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
I made a little mistake in the previous files... Concerning the calculation of YA !!!
Attached to this post you will find the correct (maybe  ;) ) version.
Give me a feed back.

Offline [NL] Tonny van Dongen

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for the work you already did. Good job. But is the speed of 0,8 m/sec not too high. I think that a 0,1 m/sec shoot be a nought.

[NL] Tonny van Dongen

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »
Thank you Tonny for your feed back.
0,8m/s (3km/h) is probably too high but in the .XLS file you can change the value and see the result with 0,1 m/s !!
In the .XLS file every parameter (data) can be changed to determine the good settings for speed, power and also geometry of the loco.

But, again, I hope not to have make too many mistakes !!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:48:00 PM by [FR] Nicolas Prime »

Offline [NL] Tonny van Dongen

calculatie slip
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »
It took some time, to response.  I think that you have to adjust cell O18 for the right calculation.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 11:55:58 AM »
Tonny: I didn't really understand what you meant concerning the adjust of cell O18... Could you tell me more ?

I tried to prepare a basic 3D model of the locomotive using the technology we decided in Portugal... I hope we will be able to exchange data in Slovenia. I will bring my 3D model but I will not be there during the workgroup about locomotive !! The french delegation will be late (again and again) and will arrive in the afternoon of the first working day only. Sorry for that.